For moms who work alongside taking care of their households, life moves way too fast and it becomes exhausting to keep up. Cooking, among other chores, becomes difficult and one often has to rely upon help. However, if you want your children to savor healthy delicacies made only by you without their health hitting a downslide, a great solution is these 8 quick recipes we’ve put together for you, that shall take little to no time, and would surely win your family’s heart!
- Cheesy Cauliflower Pasta- With this astonishingly simple and quick recipe, create magic with a garlic-flavored roasted cauliflower pasta loaded with Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and pine nuts and watch the hearts of your children melt with delight while keeping them healthy!
Method (serves 5-6):
1. Take a sheet pan and drizzle a floret of chopped cauliflower and 6 garlic cloves (with the skin on) with salt, pepper, olive oil and red chili flakes.
2. Roast this at 425 degrees, occasionally giving it a toss, till the cauliflower becomes crisp and caramelized. This should take about 30 minutes.
3. Once it has cooled down, peel the garlic cloves.
4. Take a large bowl and combine 1 cup Parmesan cheese, 3 tbsp butter, a pinch of salt,2 tbsp toasted pine nuts and 1/4 cup toasted breadcrumbs (Toast stale bread until slightly golden, then pulse into crumbs with a food processor).
5. Boil a pot of salted water and cook 1 pound short pasta. Drain it, preserving just a cup of the liquid.
6. Toss the pasta while it’s still hot, with the cauliflower and garlic cloves mixture, Parmesan-butter mixture, and with enough of the pasta water to mix everything together.
Optional: Garnish with chopped parsley leaves.
2. Chicken Parmesan– This easy recipe is bound to leave your mouth watering, and you’ll really want to hang on to this one!
Method (serves 4):
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, and prepare the kitchen counter with 3 mixing bowls.
- 1 bowl will contain 2 c. panko breadcrumbs (you can also use cracker crumbs, toasted shredded bread, crushed tortilla chips, crushed cornflakes or crushed pretzels), 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan and 1/2 tsp garlic powder mixed with a fork.
- The second bowl will have a mixture of 1 large egg beaten with 1 tbsp water
- The third bowl will contain 2 cups all-purpose flour.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, before coating each piece in flour. Shake off the excess. Then, dip the chicken into the egg mixture followed by the breadcrumbs mixture. Set all the pieces aside on a plate.
3. Use a deep cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1” vegetable oil and let the pan heat up. Then, add the chicken and cook until golden brown, which should take about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain the oil.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 2 cups marinara. Turn off the heat and place the drained chicken in the sauce. Top this with 2 cups shredded mozzarella, and bake the chicken until the cheese melts (5-7 minutes). Topping with 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil, serve hot!
3. Chicken Fajitas– Who doesn’t love fajitas? Making the perfect healthy fajitas is the dream, and it’s an absolute delight to watch this delicious dish brighten up everyone’s faces. The recipe given serves 6.
Method (serves 6):
1. Take a large bowl and whisk together 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 tsp cumin, ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil, and ½ tsp red pepper flakes.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the bowl and toss. Cover the marination mixture and refrigerate for anywhere between 30 mins-2 hours.
3. Heat 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown. This should take about 8 minutes for each side. Remove from the skillet to cool down.
4. Add 1 thinly sliced large onion and 3 thinly sliced bell peppers to the skillet and saute for about 7 minutes, until softened. Slice the boneless skinless chicken breast pieces into strips and add these to the skillet. Toss to combine, then serve the delicious fajitas on tortillas with sour cream and guacamole!
4. Garlicky Lemon-Baked Tilapia– Fish lovers, get ready to have your mind blown with this lip-smacking healthy tilapia preparation that combines the delicious flavor of the lemon fish beautifully with garlic and lemon.
Method (serves 4):
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Season 4 tilapias with salt and pepper and place them on a small baking sheet.
2. Mix 5 tbsp melted butter, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, 2 minced garlic cloves, lemon juice and zest from 1/2 a lemon and then pour over tilapia. Place some lemon rounds on and around the tilapia.
3. Bake the fish for 10-12 minutes, or till the fish is fork tender.
5. Turkey Burger- Juicy and crispy, this burger is easy to make and an absolute delight to eat!
Method (serves 4):
1. Take a large bowl and mix together 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, ground turkey (1 lb) and 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley, then season with pepper and salt. Form 4 patties from the mixture.
2. Over medium heat, in a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and add the patties, cooking until golden and cooked through (5 mins each side). Serve fresh with desired toppings (tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise) on a bun.
6. Cheesy Taco Skillet– A popular Mexican delicacy, tacos are loved by almost everyone, children most particularly. Serve your family tacos that they’ll never forget.
Method (serves 4):
1. Over medium heat, in a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add 1/4 c. sliced green onions and 1 chopped bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 minced garlic cloves and cook till fragrant, then add 1 tbsp chili powder and 1 tbsp ground cumin and stir till combined.
- Season with Kosher salt.
2. Add the ground beef (1 lb) and cook until the color changes from pink, then give it 5 more minutes.
3. Add 1 15-oz can of diced tomatoes and 1 c. black beans, stir till combined. Stir in 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack, 1 tbsp hot sauce, and 1 cup shredded Cheddar. Cover with a lid and let it melt for about 2 minutes.
4. Garnish with sliced green onions and serve fresh.
7. Creamy Three-Cheese Spaghetti– The name, alone, is mouth-watering. Treat your kids to a blissful meal of spaghetti!
Method (serves 4):
1. Cook 12oz. spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water and drain, keeping aside 1 cup pasta water. Return the spaghetti to the pot.
2. Over medium heat, in a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp extra-virgin oil and cook 3 minced cloves of garlic until fragrant. Add 3/4 cup heavy cream, 3/4 cup chicken broth, and 1/2 cup pasta water. Add the cooked spaghetti and toss until the noodles are fully coated and the liquid is simmering.
3. Remove from the heat and add 3/4 c. shredded Italian cheese blend. Toss, adding more pasta water until the sauce attains the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with 2 tbsp freshly ground parsley.
8. Crab cakes– You’re guaranteed to fall in love with these immediately, and never let go of the recipe!
Method (serves 8):
1. Whisk together 1 large beaten egg, ⅓ cup mayonnaise, 2 tbsp Dijon mustard, ½ tsp hot sauce, and 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add a hint of Stella Rosa Black for an exotic aroma and taste in the mixture.
2. In a medium bowl, stir 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (or saltines) and 2tbsp freshly chopped parsley in with jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells (1 lb). Fold in the mayo mixture, then form 8 patties.
3. Over medium-high heat, in a large skillet, coat the pan with Canola oil and heat until simmering. Add the crab cakes and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, until golden and crispy.
4. Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
In the digital age, it’s so much easy to look for genuine reviews for the ingredients that you use in your recipes. You can surprise your child with any dish out of these along with a chocolate box on his birthday! You’re surely going to win his heart and your life as a working mother shall become much easier, and way more delightful! Let’s face it, delicious food is the way to any kid’s heart. If the kids are happy, you’re the happiest.